School Day and Organisation
School Day 2020 -21
Currently the organisation of our school day is a little different, as we need to make sure that not too many people are gathering at the same time. Parents should only come into the school grounds if they really need to. If they do, just one parent can bring in or a collect a child from the school site.
The below table details the start and finish times for each year group.
|Y6||8.45am||3.15pm||Front (Avenue Road)|
|Y4||9.00am||3.30pm||Front (Avenue Road)|
|Y2||8.45am||3.15pm||Back (North Grove)|
|REC||9.00am||3.30pm||Back (North Grove)|
- Year 5 and 6 children may arrive and leave school independently, with permission from their parents or carers
- The Head of School and/or the Executive Headteacher is usually available at this time of day should you wish to speak to either of them
- School playtimes are staggered, and children stay with their year group
- Each class has a dedicated box of play equipment for the children, there are two members of staff on duty to promote team games, relationship guidance and first aid treatment if needed.
- Lunch break is staggered from 11:45 to 13:15. Lunch is served in phased sittings.
- An Act Collective of Worship or assembly takes place every day, currently in the classroom. Times vary for each day and some days are organised for the whole school, phase groups or classes.
- At the end of the school day the school gates are opened from 3.10pm. Those picking up children collect them from the class teacher in the playground (KS2) or from the classroom door (EYFS & KS1) at their designated times.
- If you cannot pick up your child we ask you to ensure that we know the person who will be collecting them. If we have not been informed of the person collecting, we will keep the child with us until we are absolutely sure of the arrangements.
- No child may be collected by another child or sibling under the age of 16 years.
If the school is closed due to bad weather, parents will be informed by the school texting service and on the school website.
The school is organised in three stages: the Foundation stage (Nursery and Reception class), Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) and Key Stage 2 (Years 3 to 6). Each class has places for 30 children, with the exception of the Nursery which has spaces for 26 children.
Your child’s first class will usually be the Nursery or Reception class. These are for children aged 3 to 5 years old. If your child joins later on, the class they join will always be dependent on their age. These will be Year 1 for 5-6 year olds, Year 2 for 6-7 year olds, Year 3 for 7-8 year olds, Year 4 for 8-9 year olds, Year 5 for 9-10 year olds and Year 6 for 10-11 year olds.
Each class has its own class teacher. All our teachers are fully qualified to work with primary aged children and together have a wide, rich range of experience, abilities and skills which they bring to the life and work of the school. Our class teachers are assisted by a dedicated and experienced team of support staff, including office staff and our site manager.